Einzelnen Beitrag anzeigen
Alt 04.06.2004, 01:01   #15
SupraSport
Registrierter Benutzer

Benutzerbild von SupraSport

iTrader-Bewertung: (1)
SupraSport befindet sich auf einem aufstrebenden Ast
Also. wir bauen die standard nockenwellen wieder ein und richten uns nach dem Werkstattbuch, bzw dem Standard.

now we install the stock cams again and use the 2JZ manual for it.

The upgraded cams w/ the ARP studs and the buckets have to be installed by SupraSport later on.

Our mech has the opinion that the little piece w/ the peak can never hold high revs when its simply installed on the bucket. I will make a drawing how the std valve and the tuned part works and it will be clearly visible that the whole force is appied to the peak of that little part. And 10K or 8K will blow the whole assembly into peaces !

currently our mech is really pissed of the bad information supplied w/ the parts

Because we need to hone the cylinder he needs to know exactly what size.
If it is a std piston you can take the hone from the book but because those pistons are forged we dont have the exact numbers (especially for high temp behaviour)

I have spoken w/ the dutch tuner (Arnout) who already built many race engines.

When I asked him which bore we should use he asked me what HP aim we have and what pressure we want to drive on the car. The car should run w/ the factory 330HP and on the press of a button it should run 800HP (that is our new goal) he said you have to choose the one or the other.

On the piston rings it is clearly visible: there is a table for different engines and different setups (Nitro, race fuel, etc.)

So our mech is really pissed at the moment cause he is a perfectionist and currently everything looks like an adventure. I have no clue how Christian have thought that is so easy.

tomorrow we will make the std bore and hone and then we will work from that point.

if there is an important issue unclear to us,. we will build it to factory specs (and that is absolutely no problem) cause at the end building a race engine works w/ completely different rules.

http://www.mkiii.de

Project 2003: Ultra 7M (500+)
SupraSport ist offline   Mit Zitat antworten