Einzelnen Beitrag anzeigen
Alt 27.10.2008, 02:42   #19
Full_Throttle
Registrierter Benutzer

Benutzerbild von Full_Throttle

iTrader-Bewertung: (0)
Full_Throttle befindet sich auf einem aufstrebenden Ast
AW: The English Thread

Hey Clueless, a big welcome from me too ! it's kinda rare that we see US folks on this board...funny that you actually found it AND kept reading it

As pointed out already, this is actually a german board, and i'd say roughly 75% of the users are from Germany, 15% from Switzerland, and the rest from somewhere else, we like to call it the german side of Bodensee, actually german territory but because it's so close to switzerland the inhabitant would rather count to Switzerland ok i just made that up but it sure looks that way when i am in the area hehe.
Oh and about the swiss-german/ german issue; basically swiss-german is merely a spoken language, we write and read in german, TV is german...ultimately leading to the language being somewhat a mysterious crypted tongue that the germans don't understand....but we understand them Doesn't it sound fabulous ? it is....

I'm from Zürich myself, and i can of course only agree with it being a great city. But then again, if you want to visit Switzerland, there is much more to see, i mean cities are nice to visit, but visiting the countryside and some Castles from the middle-age gives you a way better impression on the country/culture/heritage ! And there's some amazing scenic routes to discover with a Supra.

I've actually lived in Pontiac/Detroit/MA for 3 years as a kid, so actually kinda close to Indiana. So if you still wanna see Switzerland next summer, i'm sure i can help you out on a lot of things